As you know, G + I migrated up to Fishkill, NYC with the other Brooklyn couples to fulfill what Instagram tells me is a very basic Fall couple activity. Now, we’re not huge apple people (G specifically picked Fishkill Farms, because you could pick your own vegetables and listen to live music)… so color me surprised when we left the apple orchard with a bag full of apples. Of course I had to hop on Pinterest to figure out what to DO with the apples….and found this gem of a recipe from the Blog Cook. I am no baker (as well as know!), but this recipe took twenty minutes and was SO TASTY. If you’re heading into apple land and looking for something to do with the delicious excess, try this. – A
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Apple Pie Spices
Lay the Apple Slice at the end of the Wedge
Roll, bake and Enjoy!
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and additional apple pie spice (about ¼ teaspoon) for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
Apple Pie Spice
- 1.5 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Small Bowl for mixing
- Small bowl for melting butter
- Brush (Optional)
- Heat oven to 375 °F degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice and set aside.
- Slice apple so they are about 1/8 inch thick. Do not peel the apples!
- Melt butter in microwave (5-10 secs) at a time, depending on how strong your microwave is. Leave butter bowl in the microwave.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle. Add chopped pecans.
- Remove butter from the microwave and toss Apple slices in melted butter. Place apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional addle pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.