Cilantro Lime Jalapeño Vinaigrette
Inspired by sweetgreen‘s Guacamole Greens salad
For those of you unlucky enough not to live within a 30 minute radius* of a sweetgreen, I’m here to tell you that you are missing out. They make some of the best salads, that I consistently pay between $10-$15 for (aka WAY to much), but I’m addicted. Back in the day, G used to live a block from a sweetgreen. Every weekend, without fail, I’d dream about picking up one of their Guacamole Greens. Usually, we’d end up at the nearest ramen place…but that’s a whole different story. The Guacamole Green has the absolute best dressing I’ve ever tasted. It’s so good, I actually don’t care what salad ingredients are underneath. One day, while eating another lackluster, homemade salad, I thought to myself “I wish I could just bottle up that sweetgreen salad dressing” which of course led to a much too long Pinterest and google hole. I tried five different variations of this salad dressing, and I finally found it. TRY IMMEDIATELY and than thank me. Or better yet, just get over to your nearest sweetgreen.
*Yes, I think driving/walking 30 minutes to get this salad is worth it.
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeeze lime juice (1 1/2 lime worths)
- 1/4 packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 medium sized jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (keep some seeds for some extra spice)
- 1/4 cup avocado, grapeseed or other neutral oil (no olive oil!)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Green leaves (Mesclun, Spinach etc)
- Roasted Corn
- Finely diced onion
- Grape Tomatoes
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Mixing Bowl
- Blender or Food Processor
- Mason Jar
- Sharp Knife
- Lime Squeezer (optional, but so fun)
- Prepare Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a blender, or small food processor bowl. Puree or pulse ingredients together, until mixture just begins to come together, and cilantro is still finely chopped. Set aside in a small container. Shake before using.
- In a large bowl, place all the salad ingredients. the cooked chicken, halved tomatoes, diced red onion, crushed tortilla chips, avocado, and mixed spring greens. Squeeze the wedge of lime over the salad, then toss the salad lightly with lime cilantro jalapeño vinaigrette. Serve immediately.